Areas our Team Can Address (Which include but not limited to:)
· Delayed developmental milestones related to gross motor skills
· Lower extremity strength and range of motion deficits
· Endurance - prefer to sit versus stand, decreased ability to complete active games (soccer, kickball, etc.)
· Balance - uses arms to assist with sitting balance, balance beam, and walking on a line
· Coordination - jumping jacks, hopscotch sequencing, running and kicking a ball
· Gait - tripping, falling, toe walking, odd running form
· Transfers - increased reliance for upper extremities
· Ball skills - kicking a static or rolling ball, throwing and catching
· Posture - spinal alignment/curvature
· Muscle tone - decreased (limp)/ increased (stiff)
· Play skills/motor planning - jump rope, tricycle, hopping, etc.
· Gravitational insecurity - timid with stairs, does not like being off the ground on high playground equipment or on uneven/non - stationary surfaces
· Lower extremity deformities - club foot, leg length discrepancy
· Pre/post surgical preparation and recovery
· Wheelchair seating and positioning
· Assistive/adaptive equipment assessments including lower extremity/trunk orthotics
· Orthopedic rehab to address injuries sustained at work, during sports, leisure activities, from an accident/ incident
Mission Statement of the Physical Therapy Department:
"The highest compliment our patients give us is the referral of friends & family. We thank you for your trust in us as we strive to live up to our mission statement."
The Physical Therapy Department creates opportunities for children, including infants and adolescents, to master developmental tasks, gross motor skills, optimize performance capacity, and achieve independence in their everyday environments. The P.T. Department strives to provide the highest quality of comprehensive care. Our entire team is able to achieve these goals by developing a customized plan of care, providing treatment, enhancing, preserving, and reestablishing daily living skills, gross motor skills, play, sport, and leisure skills to maximize the functional level of independence to enhance the overall quality of life.